I received a copy of this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Last year, I read the author’s other book, This Woman is Still Girl, and enjoyed it, so I of course wanted to read her newest collection. It did not disappoint!
The growth from her other book to this one is so apparent. I liked her other book (I gave it 4 stars), but this one took it to the next level. IT tackles a wide range of topics from heartbreak to mental health. Every poem hits the right note. It’s raw. It’s real. It’s authentic. It’s inspiring.
So many of the poems resonated with me. Here is a list of my favorites:
- When I Wear Red Lipstick (pg. 10)
- All The Stupid Things I Considered After The Breakup (pg. 12)
- Heartbreak Survival Guide (pg. 18)
- Walk Away (pg. 33)
- Hunters (pg. 38)
- Sunday Service (pg. 40)
- Faith (pg. 54)
- Inside Voices (pg. 59)
- When The Bee Stings (pg. 61)
- What I Live For (pg. 78)
- My Own Advice (pg. 83)
- Coloring Outside The Lines (pg. 87)
- Hope Will Be The Shelter (pg. 92)
- Catch Fire (pg. 94)
- Winter (pg. 105)
- Thankful (pg. 110)
- My Honest Poem (pg. 117)
- On Her Own Terms (pg. 128)
- Your Body Is Poetry (pg. 138)
- No One Tells You (pg. 241)
- Women’s Evolution (pg. 151)
Overall, this was a stunning collection of poetry that comes from the heart!
Connect with me!